Since I have launched my own consulting business in 2003 many changes have gone through the industry: The rise of passive products, ETFs, the disruption of distribution channels, further professionalisation of the industry, Fintech, and the restructering of fees.
All of these developments provide chances for new business and create opportunities. I have been involved in numerous projects and sometimes even been instrumental in developing and implementing new standards.
The main thing I have learnt from all these projects:
Innovation and change is good.
But you’ll have to turn it into business!
My clients do come out of the asset management eco system. This includes asset management boutiques, mid-size asset managers, ETF-providers, robo advisors, index providers and many more.
Here is a list of selected projects I have completed in the past years.
- Build AsiaFundmanagers.com as a new business (2017-ongoing)
- Launch and maintain ETF selection web platform eeetf.com (2016-ongoing)
- Workshop in China on the European fund market (2017)
- M&A strategy consulting for Private Equity firm (2016-ongoing)
- Consulting large asset managers on the impact of digitisation (2016)
- Consultant for robo advisor market entry to Germany (2015-ongoing)
- Build ETF online training for Deutsche Börse (2015-2016)
- Project manager for building up robo portal for large German bank (2014/2015)
- Consulting of transaction of client assets in wealth management CH-DE (2014)
- Consulting mid-size asset manager on DACH B2B strategy (2013)
- Consulting of all larger ETF providers about European business strategy in DACH area (2003-2014)
- Training of fee based advisors in seminars on the use of ETFs (2012-ongoing)
- Build and run the office of CFA Germany (2010-2012)
- Set up and run market intelligence screening for asset manager (2006-2013)
- Market research on passive instruments in European market (2011)
- Setup of equity market index family, later handed over to Van Eck (2009-2011)
- Consulting of M&A project for large PE fund, potential asset management service unit (2009)
- Setup and production of database tool to produce factsheets in 6 jurisdictions for ETF provider (2008-2009)
- Seminars on building up ETF markets, in GCC and Asia Pacific region (2006-2007)
- Consulting of Deutsche Börse on active fund trading (2005)
- Launch of ETF market segment at Deutsche Börse including all infrastructure (in 2000)